• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tail

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No its not normal. Did he have any stuck shed or possibly tail whip something and damage the end of it?

Sirhc401

Try giving him a bath every other day. My red likes the bathes and it loosens up the shed skin. It is good to monitor them I always end up needing to get some shed skin off his tail

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
85% humidity is plenty you dont want it too high or stuff can start to mold, try giving a bath every other day for 20 min at a time, and trying giving a teaspoon of COD liver oil once a week in one of his meals, I use it with ground turkey or i put it on the rats and let the fur absorb it...deff works wonders

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KrazyReptileGirL said:
has anyone had their tegus rip their toe nails from screen? do they grow back?

Sobek is missing 2 toe nails, they have yet to show any sign of regrowth. He lost them before I got him, almost a month ago.

j.sawyer48

so last night he shed once again and most came off his tail then I sat there for a half hr piking the rest off wit tweezers hopefully that will help we are going to the vet if it seems to get worse after today

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
j.sawyer48 said:
if there ever was mold wat would it look like and what could I do to get rid of it... Does this mean a vet trip?

Take a picture of what you think is mold and post it here. If it's mold you're gonna have to clean the whole enclosure out and disinfect it; overhaul. Mold spreads.

j.sawyer48

he's okay no mold it was just dry shed.....After he shed the other night his skin looks better and the end of his tail looks good even thow he lost alil bit of it :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aselph