• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black Throat Monitor Babies

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got a small box, put in air holes. When I returned a minute or so later, he was down, but still tense and huffy, and upon noticing activity outside the cage he tensed up more and arched his back and hissed. I only peeked around with one eye (so he would not see a full face) and used a towel (so he would not see a hand or smelll me) and captured him and placed him in the confining, dark box. He hissed in there for five long loud hisses. There he spent the night, isolated.

34 DAYS, Buzzy (having grown from 11 to 12 1/2 inches in the past month)

He has started the day with the same rage. Touching his 'jail box' elicited much hissing from within. We decided to put him in the bathtub with deep water in order to exhaust him and then be the 'heroes' that 'rescue' him.

We did this all while being very mindful to not show face, hands or let him smelll us. We did not sing or speak, either. Thugs in burka were we.

He didn't paddle actively- he was unusually calm in the water. Usually he paddles like mad till he can get a grip on something. We watched with one eye around the shower curtain, which was drawn.

After 5 minutes or so, he flipped on his back, head underwater, and remained still. This was a frightening image, as we had lost a monitor to drowning and found his corpse in the same pose. The wife immediately snatched him up He had not inhaled any water and seemed OK, but all fight was gone. He was doing a hard-core 'freeze'. Wife put him inside her bathrobe where it was warm, dark and smelled familiar.

We are, ourselves, upset over this inexplicable defensive behaviour, not only because it violated our expectations, but also because this is not behaviour that is compatible with living as a pet and he would have to be kept as a breeding specimen if he keeps it up.

Ok, they are not cruel to their animals, false, there is much more, but this is enough for me.

AB^

5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
ah, well, the war is already on between me, nick against this person. so, whoever has a youtube account, could you please visit MUFFDADDY2's channel, and send him a private message about DanceswithSavs, that's the proof he will get since there is no video

Korean,

Dances feeds off the negative attention, this has been seen on numerous forums and sevral chatrooms. I wouldnt evevn bother getting sucked in

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Yeah I read that stuff. They have a cool concept. Some Monitors will do that kind of kissy kissy stuff. But most are bite your face off mean. LOL Bottom line they have to accept you. You can train them but starving one until it will do anything to eat. Then almost drown it . So you can be the so called Savior. Jail time and all the other crazy stuff. Man I would hate to be a kid growing up in that house hold. Mine either accept me or they don't. I kinda like them mean. Keeps you on your toes when you do have to handle them. When mine get bigger I would love to let them roam the house. But they will have to change the attitude they have now. One is a little monster and the other is pretty cool. I thought I'd put in a couple more pics.
snakes031.jpg

snakes028.jpg

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
They are crazier than a box of ratsh**. I'm confused as to how this is all necessary. My neighbor has a sav, and I showed him our methods we used for Apollo and Venus, and now she will walk across the street on his shoulder to come visit us. She acts just like Apollo and Venus, minus the fact that she seems more nervous and enjoys a good his when our cat gets too close.

Am I confused? What is the point of this "Drown your lizard to be their savior" crap? This is some seriously twisted crap. And why would you want your monitor to lick your face for food? Don't people just feed their animals food?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thing to say but I don't believe in training any animal. Hell the dog isn't even trained, I haven't punished him until he is in the mental state to comply. I show him that when he pees inside, I put him by his pee spot and wait with him, after a while he understands where to pee. He has things to chew on. I don't curb his instincts. I direct them. That's why I don't say animals are tame or trained, they are "socialized" or "adjusted to captivity".

These pricks shouldn't be allowed near any animal. Danceswithsavs and the other little psychopaths need to be slapped in a cage to self-deprocate into their own empty mindset until they will lick something else for food.

dorton

5 Year Member
Harvey, your blackthroats are looking nice. I hate to say lets all move on from DWS, but there are people in this world that will perform evil stuff like that. They trashed Harveys post, so I vote if anyone wants to continue it, they start a new post in the off-topic forum.

Harvey, I know you have some more critters by now. Don't be selfish post them up!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
dorton said:
Harvey, your blackthroats are looking nice. I hate to say lets all move on from DWS, but there are people in this world that will perform evil stuff like that. They trashed Harveys post, so I vote if anyone wants to continue it, they start a new post in the off-topic forum.

Harvey, I know you have some more critters by now. Don't be selfish post them up!
I'll get right on it buddy. I have a few more snakes. I'll have to see if I posted them already. My reptile collection is down to just 7 Boas and 2 Black Throats. Old Harvey is settling down and becoming a hobby breeder. No more killing myself trying to make a business. Just enjoying the experience now. Does anyone Like American Bulldogs? That's something I don't think I have posted.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wes they are showing some real nice peach and pink colors, they are rocking. :)

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks Bobby, They are shedding like crazy and growing like weeds. Those little hides They just lay on top of them now. LOL Lizards are sooooo coool.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I'll get some fresh pics in the morning. He is 4.5 months and weighs 52 lbs now.I'll post them in the morning. I sold one of the pups for $600. My female is coming in heat again. I have a pure white male lined up to breed her to. I can't wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980