• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU HATCHLINGS for Sale!! 2 STILL AVAILABLE!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: BLUE TEGU HATCHLINGS for Sale!! SHE'S LAID!!!

Our second female looks to have follicles ready to go for next year. Our primary female was looking a little chunkier yesterday, she might be getting ready too. If all works out we'll breed them next year.

kaa

5 Year Member

I wish I had the money for one this year, I will just have to wait til next year. I think my girlfriend would kill me if I bought another tegu though.

Terry

5 Year Member

Just a few questions. How long does it take for a female to lay egg's from the mating. And how long is incubation? I know with monitors its like 2 weeks for them to lay and around 100 to 220 days depending on the species.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

It's supposed to be 2 to 3 weeks to lay and 60 days to hatch.

None hatched yet!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

knowing thier mothers history, the babies are all going to make us wait.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

LOL i think its time to pull up a lawn chair around the incubator pop a top off a cold beer and get ready for a wieght, lol. Or they hatch in the middle of the night, that seems to happen alot.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Nothing this morning. Yesterday a few of the eggs had gotten soft and 4 had slight dents so I misted them heavily a few times in the evening and before I went to bed. This morning they are all nice and firm. I'm wondering if all the misting cooled them off too much and delayed the hatching. I'd be sitting there all day if I didn't have to work!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

This is the beginning of day 62. Still nothing. The eggs look great!! I hope they wait until tomorrow morning so I can be home to take pics and video.

AWD247

5 Year Member

Hoping to hear some good news!! I have to come over to see these, how many deposit spots do you have left?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

AWD247 said:
Hoping to hear some good news!! I have to come over to see these, how many deposit spots do you have left?
IF all 17 hatch I have 8 left.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: BLUE TEGU HATCHLINGS for Sale!! THEY'RE HATCHING!!!

THEY'RE HATCHING!!!!!

I came home to find 8 little Tegu's running around the bin of the first eggs laid. I washed them and witnessed the last 2 in that bin hatch. I'll post some pics and a video soon.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Congrates!!! I'm glad they didnt make you wait too long. Can't wait to see pictures!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Came home to find THIS!!!!
IMG_3101_.jpg

After washing.
IMG_3106_.jpg

In their new home.
IMG_3116_.jpg

All 10 in the first bin have hatched. The ones in the second bin were laid over the next 2 days (odd).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me