• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

GOT EGGS!!!!!!!!!! Update 10/26!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She laid 29 eggs today!!!!!

The nest.
IMG_1008_.jpg

Eggs in bin before washing. Top of clutch to the left, bottom to the right.
IMG_1017_.jpg

Close up of bottom of clutch. One eggs has a slight leak, two are soft & yellow on one end, and one was badly crushed and dented but not leaking.
IMG_1018_.jpg

Eggs in incubator.
IMG_1021_.jpg

Close up of eggs in substrate.
IMG_1024_.jpg

Eragon after eating a small rat. She was more hollow looking before eating.
IMG_1029_.jpg

Close up of belly.
IMG_1033_.jpg

NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT 60 DAYS TO SEE WHAT HATCHES!!!

I should be able to see some veins in a week or 2.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Hypothetically if something were to hatch....would you accept any trades? LOL
No, I don't want your cats! :mrgreen:

It would be doubtful, but never say never! We're getting kind of crowded here. I have to leave room downstairs for a few snakes that will end up being 6ft to 8ft long.

It's possible if we get a high white hatchling we might keep one (or 2).

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I'll be waiting for my shipment of eggs in the mail any day now right? :p Huge congrats on the eggs! I hope they all hatch for you and we can all drool over them :) To bad about those 4 eggs that got a bit beat up, hopefully they still hatch for you though :)

Good Luck!
Spencer

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We're officially down to 25 eggs. The 4 that didn't look good when I first found them are toast.

But the other 25 look great!!!

54 days to go!!!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From talking to Dave on the phone the others sound like they are doing great. However, Dave is finding out how that dang waiting game goes, it is no fun waiting 58-62 days for them to hatch. It is kinda like a 7 year old waiting on Christmas, it seems like it takes forever.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the remaining 25 eggs! How's mom doing? Has she settled down yet?
No. She's moody. But she always has been, she's just worse now. If I even get the "Chasing her tail" video edited and posted you'll see her at the most extreme she's been, chasing our 9 year old son biting at his feet.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
From talking to Dave on the phone the others sound like they are doing great. However, Dave is finding out how that dang waiting game goes, it is no fun waiting 58-62 days for them to hatch. It is kinda like a 7 year old waiting on Christmas, it seems like it takes forever.
It's not too bad. I've got plenty of other things to do to keep me busy. Then there's this work thing that takes up way too much of my free time! I'm guessing the last week or 2 are going to be brutal!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980