• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

GOT EGGS!!!!!!!!!! Update 10/26!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
marcellus said:
how much are u going to sell them?
$300. Shipping 3 weeks after they hatch (approx. 11/16).

I will start a new thread in the For Sale forum as the due date gets nearer.

They will also be offered for sale on a few other forums and possibly (2) reptile shows in November.

I'm sure they will go fast.

Bobby said a guy who has 4 breeding pairs got no eggs this year. If ours hatch they may be the only Blue Tegu's you'll see this year.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mschuld said:
That is awesome! You must be totally stoked! Your incubator set-up is pretty cool. Congrats!!
I'm trying to stay calm! There's still 53 days to go!!

I see you have alot of the same critters we have!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Fingers crossed that they all hatch for you. I am seriously considering purchasing one even tho I need another Tegu like I need a hole in my head. I rehomed all of my Blues several years ago and I regret doing it.

Try not to peek too often! LOL

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
Try not to peek too often! LOL
Bobby said to peek every day and look for denting or mold. A couple of dents last night and possibly another one going bad. I sprayed some water on the substrate and will check again tonight.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It looks like 2 more are going down, 2 more are suspect. Bobby said I'll know how many are actually fertile in the first 2 weeks. The ones that aren't will collapse and harden. It's been 8 days.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, we're down to 23 eggs.

But we've got veins!!!! I didn't candle every one, but I saw veins in 8 of them!! I think I even say a few embryos!

51 days to go!!!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Well, we're down to 23 eggs.

But we've got veins!!!! I didn't candle every one, but I saw veins in 8 of them!! I think I even say a few embryos!

51 days to go!!!

DaveDragon said:
PuffDragon said:
Congrats, are you going to be accepting trades?
I'm not counting my eggs before they hatch. :mrgreen:

:moon2 :moon2 :moon2

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's one more going down with brown mold on it. I cleaned the mold off with peroxide. On further inspection I found a slight amount of mold on 2 others, which were cleaned. Bobby says some of them must be dying and should settle down 2-3 weeks after they're laid. We're 12 days in with 47 to go. I hope I don't lose them all.

I was going to start taking deposits this week but I'm going to hold off another week or so to see what happens. I've had a few inquiries by PM in a few forums but I don't want to start taking money until it looks like most of them are going to make it.

devine*

5 Year Member
aww well good luck! she's done well so far for her first clutch, and so have you! I'm sure you'll have some babies running around :)

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Congrats man! Definitely keep us updated.

Question, how come these were laid so late? Almost seems out of season in a way. Could that effect the outcome on how many survive?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The Blues lay late but this is late even for them. We tried a couple of times in the month earlier but she wanted nothing to do with him. He was ready, shootin' plugs all over the place! We tried in each of their enclosures and in the middle of a room. The only place they would do it was outside in the middle of the yard!! 3 times!! Then she didn't lay them for 15 days!

This was the first time for both of them. I'm hoping she might be ready earlier next year (if she has follicles). I've heard it's rare to have a breeding pair of Blues, it might be even rarer if she produces every year.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I just candled a few of the eggs! There are much darker inside. I can see a dark image of a lizard. I SAW ONE OF THEM MOVE!!!!!

jim_m

5 Year Member
Grats on the eggs. Those look too cute to pass up. I might have to take one of those off your hands :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980