• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu or FRilled dragon???

robnpg

5 Year Member
Thanks!

Thanks Tere! I just sent an email to your breeder. Looks like on their site they are sold out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Re: Thanks!

robnpg said:
Thanks Tere! I just sent an email to your breeder. Looks like on their site they are sold out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

You're more than welcome and good luck! She's a really nice lady.

I also noticed on the site posted by Harveysherps that they do have males available but I didn't pay attention to what type they are, New Guinea or Aussie, or a cross.

Let us know how it turns out, and feel free to ask any questions!

robnpg

5 Year Member
Sailfin

Yep, I spoke with Scott over at Sailfin and he was sold out as well. I'm a day late (he had like a 1-2 year old) and a dollar short!

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Re: Sailfin

robnpg said:
Yep, I spoke with Scott over at Sailfin and he was sold out as well. I'm a day late (he had like a 1-2 year old) and a dollar short!

Oh, that sucks! Just in case Cathy doesn't have any, I know of one other place that has the farmed imports (I think that's what they are), but that one's going to take a bit to find. I'll look it up this afternoon, if that's okay.

Also, you might want to try Xtreme Reptiles in Florida, but be prepared for what you're going to get.

Do you have any reptile shows coming in your area, where you could actually see and inspect what you would be getting? We found one of our guys at a reptile show here in AZ, and he was one of the best I'd seen in a while.

Oh, oh...and possibly Reeds Dragons, or Reid's Dragons, I can't remember which it is. He had some when we were looking, but I have no clue if he bred them, or if they're imports, as well.

I'll keep brainstorming and trying to remember all the places we shopped.

robnpg

5 Year Member
yep, I live in Chicago and we had the NARBC show. Guess what, I missed it. Check with Reeds a couple of days ago and at least he's consistent with the others...All sold out. Imports are readily available though!

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
robnpg said:
yep, I live in Chicago and we had the NARBC show. Guess what, I missed it. Check with Reeds a couple of days ago and at least he's consistent with the others...All sold out. Imports are readily available though!

Well, looks like you're going to have to stock up on panacur...and get reading for some hard core taming!

Seriously, let me do some more brainstorming this afternoon, and see if I can remember any more. It's been a while since we were on the market for frillies, and my memory certainly isn't what it used to be. The other place I was talking about is in California...and they also sell birds. I just can't think of the name, and will have to do a search for it. Another option is I can see when we're having another reptile show here, and maybe we could figure something out like that, so you know you're getting something healthy.

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
I know nothing about these guys, but here's some captive breds...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=34&de=549175">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=34&de=549175</a><!-- m -->

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Well, I can't remember the name of the place in California to save my soul...but I did take a peek on Reptile Auctions, and there are two people on there listing CB frillies. If they truly are CB, they have to be better than the farmed imports. Have you taken a look on there at all?

robnpg

5 Year Member
Interesting, as many reptile sites I have visited, I have never seen this site. I just posted a question to find out their age and where they come from. SO is this site a pretty legit place?

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
robnpg said:
Interesting, as many reptile sites I have visited, I have never seen this site. I just posted a question to find out their age and where they come from. SO is this site a pretty legit place?

Well, I honestly think it all depends on who you're dealing with on there. That site's been through LOTS of ups and downs, but there are some decent sellers on there. We won our Osiris that I was talking about there. Of course, that was 3 or 4 years ago. Since we aren't breeding or selling anymore, I really haven't had reason to go there lately, but you can find some good stuff there. I know some of us used to pretty much live on there.

Both auctions that I saw for the frillies, the babies looked better than any farm import that I've ever seen, so it's definitely worth a shot. Not to mention that they're still babies, so you won't have to work at taming them. If they've had any human contact at all, they'll already be tame. Also, you've got less chance of parasites, if they are truly CB.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wes I seen that sail at Daytona, he was one awesome animal. He was vey tame, he just is not a tegu, lol. :)

robnpg

5 Year Member
Ok Olympus, if I come home and see al my stuff in the front yard, can me and the Tegu come stay with you???? :) And yeah no doubt the Tegu would be my main pref, but even with a blue, you are talkin an 8x3 enclosure. 7x2 is my max for an upstairs (non basement) pet!

olympus

5 Year Member
You can come live with me and we will both start the "Old School" fraternity for tegus... We both can make a 8x8 enclosure...

robnpg

5 Year Member
Did it!

Sorry, I forgot to post! I ended up going with the Frilly. Man, I still want a Tegu too though, but that will have to wait(next breeding season maybe?) I will post some pics soon..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980