• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is the site coming to??

tjohnson722

Re: RE: What is the site coming to??

TegusRawsome80 said:
I agree we should get rid of rep points, although I get a kick out of the occasional negative comments I get from the cry babies who can't handle the criticism. It seems our member quality has gone significantly down recently, although quantity seems to have gone up.

I'll assume that wasn't about me since I'm a new member..... Lol jk.

Negativity alert. Lol. I crack myself up. I'm sorry that was wrong.

I'm sorry, I had to. Sorry if someone didn't find it funny. Truely.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Hahaha that was funny. It wasn't about you. Some of them aren't technically "new" but have only been around for a year or so.

Teg

James has been the best on here for advice and helpfulness, he's helped me a lot !! but don't expect answers to be what you want to hear !! I expect that James has been doing this game for a fair few years now, and any advice needs to be listened to, after all these are Exotic and difficult animals to care for properly and the well being of these reptiles needs to come first !

tjohnson722

I have a wierd sense of humor. It comes with my job (law enforcement) you either laugh and joke about stuff or you crack. No, seriously though I completely understand.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Member quality. I'm not sure how that is rated,... laura? But nevertheless I believe aside from some arguments and off color 'humor ' at times, there are some valuable informative discussions going on here. I have gained insight from various members who are at different 'levels ' and I'm confident that anyone who has posted and chosen to stay on has done so for the same reasons I have. Friendships,(virtual or not), and sound advice. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

tjohnson722

Re: RE: What is the site coming to??

BatGirl1 said:
Member quality. I'm not sure how that is rated,... laura? But nevertheless I believe aside from some arguments and off color 'humor ' at times, there are some valuable informative discussions going on here. I have gained insight from various members who are at different 'levels ' and I'm confident that anyone who has posted and chosen to stay on has done so for the same reasons I have. Friendships,(virtual or not), and sound advice. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Well said Batgirl1.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am going to remove the reputation points. We've had them disabled on TortoiseForum for a while. They're just too divisive and don't really serve much purpose.
The important thing to remember is that this is a COMMUNITY and the benefit lies solely in the effort we put into being cordial and respectful of each other. As always, it is OK to disagree with one another and still respect each other. Treat others how you'd like to be treated.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=6420]Look, members change and the forum changes. Maybe some of you should just let it bend. I know I am unpopular with some (you know who you are) but liked by others (especially Club Dubya members) I try to bring some fun to a forum that can be very dry at times. Just as james W never jokes around, I always do. We are all different here and that's just how it is. I know I have been scolded for off color posts and going off topic, but hey, I also give a lot of help. Some people here are as big crybabies as the people who they accuse of being crybabies. Maybe the forum just needs to have the PC police kick people off for posting things that some people don't want to hear. If anyone here would like a more heavily moderated forum, there is always the other tegu forum.

Attachments

• Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg
    Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 8

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't have a problem with change. Nor do I have a problem with humor. The off topic rants do get a bit annoying at times.

I don't have a problem with getting negative ratings, I actually had quite a few and never once complained about it. This one was different as it was in reference to a FACT that I posted. How can I be negative for correcting someone's statement when I am stating a fact?

And Dubya, I don't have a problem with you. We may not always agree on things, but your ok in my book. You bring a lot of positive things to the forum as well as quite a bit of knowledge.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
james.w said:
I don't have a problem with change. Nor do I have a problem with humor. The off topic rants do get a bit annoying at times.

I don't have a problem with getting negative ratings, I actually had quite a few and never once complained about it. This one was different as it was in reference to a FACT that I posted. How can I be negative for correcting someone's statement when I am stating a fact?

And Dubya, I don't have a problem with you. We may not always agree on things, but your ok in my book. You bring a lot of positive things to the forum as well as quite a bit of knowledge.

Why, thanks, but why do you think I was talking about you? It could have been that Hooligan TeguBlake.

TeguBlake

Dubya said:
james.w said:

Why, thanks, but why do you think I was talking about you? It could have been that Hooligan Batgirl1.

Hey thats not nice to talk about batgirl... :p

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBlake said:
Dubya said:
james.w said:

Why, thanks, but why do you think I was talking about you? It could have been that Hooligan Bategirl1.

Hey thats not nice to talk about batgirl... :p

BatEgirl1? TeguBlake, you fooled yourself. Spell the username correctly next time you're trying to trick someone.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Tegublake, we are out of moist towelettes, and how the hell did you change my qoute thingy?!

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
TeguBlake said:
Dubya said:
Hey, Tegublake, we are not out of moist towelettes great job, and how the hell did you change my qoute thingy?!

i just re typed it, and thanks dub :D

Grrr! That is cool, now I am going to use it too!

EVERYONE STOP! We are off topic again! See you all in Club Dubya!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980