• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is the site coming to??

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No stones thrown, it is what it is... there's an off topic chit chat section for a reason. We all get distracted and other things pop up when talking about different topics. Whether you take the time to mention those distrations, reminders or what ever you should still revert back to the Op when you're done. It shouldn't take two or three plus pages to do so and that's if it happens at all.

If it's something you want to continue discussing make a thread in the appropriate section or pm that person. Don't take over someone elses thread, with irrelevent topics or comments especially when they're asking for help. That goes back to manners, respect for others, common courtesies and all that.

We had people giving ratings for nothing with comments like just because, then that person would do the same to boost each others numbers. There was a thread not too long ago where someone asked about their post count, changing the rating under their name or something like that and they practically had a field day with it.

Really... what's the point, where's the integrity in that?
Especially for people who actually take member reputations, post counts or any of that into consideration when receiving help or advice. Some people will look at the reputation before considering the information offered even when it's helpful. As if their post count, or reputations not high enough, they're a new member or haven't been here that long so they don't know what they're talking about... it's sad really but true.

bfb345

Bubblz Calhoun said:
No stones thrown, it is what it is... there's an off topic chit chat section for a reason. We all get distracted and other things pop up when talking about different topics. Whether you take the time to mention those distrations, reminders or what ever you should still revert back to the Op when you're done. It shouldn't take two or three plus pages to do so and that's if it happens at all.

If it's something you want to continue discussing make a thread in the appropriate section or pm that person. Don't take over someone elses thread, with irrelevent topics or comments especially when they're asking for help. That goes back to manners, respect for others, common courtesies and all that.

We had people giving ratings for nothing with comments like just because, then that person would do the same to boost each others numbers. There was a thread not too long ago where someone asked about their post count, changing the rating under their name or something like that and they practically had a field day with it.

Especially for people who actually take member reputations, post counts or any of that into consideration when receiving help or advice. Some people will look at the reputation before considering the information offered even when it's helpful. As if their post count, or reputations not high enough, they're a new member or haven't been here that long so they don't know what they're talking about... it's sad really but true.

I believe that was my thread and i did not have a field day i just asked how those things work because i was new to the forum and was just wondering

james.w said:
I got a negative rating for stating a fact. It amazes me the things that new JUNIOR members do. What was the point of a negative rating for this comment??

RE: SOON TO BE MINE

(Today 08:52 AM)bfb345 Wrote: haha once the weather warms up she is mine at least he thinks its a she but i hope its a male dont care either way though lol it will still get bigger than a b&w lol

This was my comment:
It is a black and white. They are one in the same. I have seen "extremes" that max out at 3'.
i did not give you the negative rep point because of that comment it is obviously a fact i just gave you a negative point because i do not like the way you post so it was just a negative point in general and for a person who doesnt care about rep points this has turned into a big deal

bfb345 said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

I believe that was my thread and i did not have a field day i just asked how those things work because i was new to the forum and was just wondering

james.w said:
I got a negative rating for stating a fact. It amazes me the things that new JUNIOR members do. What was the point of a negative rating for this comment??

RE: SOON TO BE MINE

(Today 08:52 AM)bfb345 Wrote: haha once the weather warms up she is mine at least he thinks its a she but i hope its a male dont care either way though lol it will still get bigger than a b&w lol

This was my comment:
It is a black and white. They are one in the same. I have seen "extremes" that max out at 3'.
i did not give you the negative rep point because of that comment it is obviously a fact i just gave you a negative point because i do not like the way you post so it was just a negative point in general and for a person who doesnt care about rep points this has turned into a big deal

and once again you are stating that JUNIOR members are stupid and know nothing and you have stated this many times

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
bfb345 - please show me where I said junior members are stupid and know nothing? I have never said that I said "it amazes me what they do".

On the negative rep point it referenced that exact post and had nothing in the comments. Like I said, I had 4 or 5 other negative points and never brought it up because it isn't a big deal. This time it was annoying because you had no reason to give the point. Why not tell us where you get your information from when it is challenged instead of just getting defensive. There have been quite a few posts of yours that people (not just me) have disagreed with and you seem to just ignore them or get mad about it. If you know something we don't, why not share the source, or are we just supposed to take your word for it. With time your word will be all it takes, but you are new HERE, we don't know your background or experience level, so when you state some things that are different than all the experienced members here have heard, it makes us wonder if you really do have the experience you claim.

I'm not saying you have to prove yourself to anyone, but without some sort of background or source of your information, some of the things just sound like BS.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We will start banning people if that's what it takes. Heed my warning above. Stop the egotism and bickering or you will be banned. If you feel the need to ask who or what I'm talking about, I'm talking about YOU.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So even you are for the "only positive things are allowed posted on the forum" I see Josh. Let's make everything rainbows and butterflies and have hundreds of dead tegus.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Gotta say I'm with you on this James. As far as I know, we still have an active member who keeps his 3ish foot tegu in a 55 gallon cage and has been for months... Just one example of many I've noticed of what this forum has come to. If anyone deserves to be banned, it's those who don't care for their animals.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
James, I'm sure that's not what he meant. I believe it is just the fighting that has made things go wrong. You have had a lot of valuable input on here along with others, and I think it might have just been the 'delivery ' of some of the info that rubbed some people the wrong way. I know it is hard to deal with people who are blatently irresponsible, but having 4 strong willed kids I have learned that a calm, encouraging delivery goes a lot further than a 'scolding '...because with some people that only puts up a wall so then they won't listen to any of the positive things you can say to help them 'do the right thing ' with their animal. I hear you and my heart breaks knowing some animals are neglected and abused. Which is why I'm glad for sites like this where people can at least share ideas and get sound advice and hopefully they'll take it.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I don't think James approach is wrong. We're talking about almost entirely "responsible" adults here and many of them continually refuse sound advice. I don't blame him at all and I think that reptile forums don't mix well with a "rainbows and butterflies" approach simply because we're dealing with living animals and some people don't provide proper care.

TeguBlake

lol guys, cool it and go on with your life. stop being babys and go on with your life. its a web site, you dont really know how people are talking. you cant see facial exspressions and cant see how people really feel. some people make mistakes and learn from them. but people really should learn from others mistakes and not get an exotic pet if you cant take care of them. end of story.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I shouldn't need to explain how to get along with others. Unfortunately there's been a long-standing tolerance for antagonism and bickering - not anymore. If you think what you're about to post might be questionable, pause for minute and read the community guidelines. Adhere to those guidelines and you will have no cause to worry about being banned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980