• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is the site coming to??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dubya you have stated at least once that you don't think I care for you. That is what made me "think" you ere referring to me.

THAT THREAD WAS AWESOME Don't know about you guys but I got a giant kick out of it when I went back and read the whole thing. So so fricken funny. Smiles everyone.........

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
james.w said:
Dubya you have stated at least once that you don't think I care for you. That is what made me "think" you ere referring to me.

Maybe twice. I do respect your advice though. Except on hanging lamps.

elmo

this right here is y i wont leave tegutalk! u guys crack me up... positive or negative u guys are family and funny as H e l l

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
elmo said:
this right here is y i wont leave tegutalk! u guys crack me up... positive or negative u guys are family and funny as H e l l

Join Club Dubya. We are an inside group of misfit outsiders of tegutalk. But you can't be a Commie. Our first real life meeting is at the 3/30 Manchester reptile show.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I respect everyone on here. I'm sorry if my dry sarcasm irritates people. Or any off color humor. I think I (and maybe others) just got so 'comfortable ' on the forum and began acting like 'siblings ' more than just faceless people talking about tegu care on the internet... oops. :/ :heart:

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I enjoy the forum, too. And I enjoy everyone's different personalities. We all have different perspectives and ideas. Mine is to keep the forum friendly enough that newcomers and minors and even uneducated kids and crybabies can hang out and feel welcome. That's not rainbows and unicorn poop. It's called manners and respect. You can't get "butt hurt" because someone else got "butt hurt". That's redundant and hypocritical.

:)

TheTeguGurl

OK my 2 cents.. I love the fact the ratings are gone! makes everyone more equal now I feel.. And I love James he posts and comments from the heart! ?

TeguBlake

sarefina said:
OK my 2 cents.. I love the fact the ratings are gone! makes everyone more equal now I feel.. And I love James he posts and comments from the heart! ?

He does love the tegus, ill give him that. :D

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've never used the ratings so couldn't care less if they stay or go. But with that said with taking the ratings away post counts (and they're jockeys) shoud be considered as well. Especially since there has been quite a lot of off topic and unnecessary discussions lately in threads where people are asking for help.
As if they're doing it on purpose and at times it gets annoying to open one of those threads and have to go through pages of nonsense, trying to see if that persons questions were answered or if the responses were even significant to the op.
We use to have a section in our profile where you can see where that person spent most of their time posting in off topic discussions, general or what ever. On some other forums posting in certain areas like introductions, off topic or what ever don't even count.
But even that only goes so far when you have people riding their post counts, trying to change the rating under their name and bsing all over the place.
It's become more of a personal issue (should always be actually) where people need to police themselves instead of expecting moderators to do it. As well as continuing to jack threads just because you can.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
I've never used the ratings so couldn't care less if they stay or go. But with that said with taking the ratings away post counts (and they're jockeys) shoud be considered as well. Especially since there has been quite a lot of off topic and unnecessary discussions lately in threads where people are asking for help.
As if they're doing it on purpose and at times it gets annoying to open one of those threads and have to go through pages of nonsense, trying to see if that persons questions were answered or if the responses were even significant to the op.
We use to have a section in our profile where you can see where that person spent most of their time posting in off topic discussions, general or what ever. On some other forums posting in certain areas like introductions, off topic or what ever don't even count.
But even that only goes so far when you have people riding their post counts, trying to change the rating under their name and bsing all over the place.
It's become more of a personal issue (should always be actually) where people need to police themselves instead of expecting moderators to do it. As well as continuing to jack threads just because you can.

You hit the nail on the head!!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Haven't we all participated in silly stuff though? Example "the alligator " thread... feeding lunchmeat/ keeping things in fishbowls/ etc. :p
I suppose many of us got carried away, but still have helped people ( threads and privately) ... i don't believe anyone should really be throwing stones. :/
Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The problem with "having fun" in certain threads is that the questions and answers get lost. Some people that may be able to help, won't because of all the unnecessary things posted. There is definitely a place for the fun and jokes, but not every thread is that place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980