• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 red tegu

Johnny Schmidt

Hi, I am an owner of two red tegus! I also have had 3 Columbian tegus! They lived a long time till I pared them with the red tegus! I have an 10 foot long by 4 got wide cage for my red tegu! My other one lives in a smaller cage because he isn't as big as him! Follow me

Tannaros

Hi, I am an owner of two red tegus! I also have had 3 Columbian tegus! They lived a long time till I pared them with the red tegus! I have an 10 foot long by 4 got wide cage for my red tegu! My other one lives in a smaller cage because he isn't as big as him! Follow me

...You paired your Columbians with your Red Tegus...and they died..and you want to breed tegus?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. Breeding tegus takes a bit more finesse than breeding something easier like bearded dragons. I would suggest that you spend some time getting to know more about tegus, like how to sex them, care for them during hibernation, their dietary needs, and the behavior of the female (she'll need a separate enclosure) before attempting to breed. A good breeder of any animal takes the time to learn about the care of animal for a while. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm trying to give you a suggestion that will help you in the long run and give you credibility. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu