• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

70 days of incubation

maxi_0690

5 Year Member
Hi all, I have a question about the incubation
After 70 days of incubation at 28 �° C, I must open the eggs or is it better to wait some more days?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just wait, you are incubating at a cooler temp, so it will take longer, how do the eggs look? 28*C is 82*F, I incubate mine at 87*F or 30.5*C and it takes 58-62 days, so it does not take as long, I would not cut into any eggs, give them more time.

maxi_0690

5 Year Member
Thank you for reply.
All eggs are good, some bigger than others, none is deflated.
I'll wait more days to see what happens.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
From your location, I see you are from Argentina. What kind of breeding project do you have? Are they wild-caught tegus? Tegus you've had for a while?

Thanks!

maxi_0690

5 Year Member
Hi slideaboot, since very young I have tegus, over time people would not want them were donating more to me at this moment I have 11, 5 females and 6 males.
My goal is to raise and market to offer animals born in captivity, so that people do not buy tegus captured.

Some time ago I made a post with some photos
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6782</a><!-- l -->
Then I'll post some updates.

I hope you have been able to answer your question, excuse my way of writing

slideaboot

5 Year Member
So, have your tegus been caught locally (or regionally) and raised by the folks that turn them over to you?

I'm guessing they are, based on your location. But, I could totally be jumping to a false conclusion here.

maxi_0690

5 Year Member
slideaboot are not much mistaken, here in Argentina are sold thousands of tegus captured, many die, some survive, but the people end giving them or selling them again, it is regrettable because they put little interest in the native species.

Is your question for something especially?

reptastic thanks, now I will upload new photos

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
slideaboot said:
Hey Reptastic...you got any pics of yer extreme?

he is still in hibernation, they went down around september i believe, they are still at kaa's house til they wake up, i cant wait!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu