• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

8x4x4 Finally Finished!

Tiarette

After months of prep and work, our tegu enclosure for our baby girl is finally done!

8x4x4 with 2 8x2x2 stands courtesy of the awesome people at Toad Ranch!

Universal Rocks Background/ledges/rocks and huge water bowl if she wishes to soak.
Bio Dude Terra firma substrate with bioactive bioshots (12inches of substrate all around)
VE-300x2 Vivarium electronics temperature controller/timer capable of doing 2 locations at once.
MistKing v5.0 ultimate misting system with hygrometer. Only using 3 mist heads and works wonderful!
2x general use timers for UVB bulbs

Basking Side
Slate tile 2'x2' Hide also courtesy of toad ranch.
1 100w Arcadia halogen
1 160w Powersun

Cool Side
1 35" Arcadia 12% UVB
1 50w General use 50w halogen bulb for lighting

Decorating is currently a WIP. Looking to add some fake plants and more logs/sticks/leaf litter for her to enjoy and rotate as she gets bored.

Humidity and temperatures are great! We haven't needed to add an additional heat bulb on the cool side of the tank.
After a skittish break in period, we have such a happy tegu now! She has so much room to roam for activities and we no longer have to worry about her humidity in her smaller enclosure!

Attachments

• Rynncage2.jpg
    Rynncage2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
  • rynncag3.jpg
    rynncag3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
  • Rynncage1.jpg
    Rynncage1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141

Tegu_daddy618

This is incredible and a very beautiful piece. May I ask how you open it to access your tegu? Also that black box in the middle would hold an electric fireplace very well. I might have to duplicate.

Tiarette

This is incredible and a very beautiful piece. May I ask how you open it to access your tegu? Also that black box in the middle would hold an electric fireplace very well. I might have to duplicate.
Hello!
The glass panels slide in both directions and are also easily removable for cleaning as well as access to the tegu.

The middle section would be pretty cool for a fireplace :) currently that holds our misting system reservoir so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

This project was super fun
Good luck with yours!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980