• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

adding color to my vivarium

so i made a couple of things to add to Tesla's new tank, i made a house/hide, and basking shelf out of plywood i was wondering after i drylok all the pieces can i then spray paint over it to add color and i was gonna even paint bricks on the outside so it look like a brick wall. so i guess my question is can i paint it after dryloking it, and will it be safe?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I don't know anything about drylock but when I painted I used indoor/outdoor paint then sealed over that with clear waterbased sealer. Polycrylic from minwax. [attachment=6712][attachment=6713]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364320884636.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364320884636.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 108
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364320919848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364320919848.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 95
wow that looks awesome did you happen to paint the ooggy boogie man hes my favorite.lol. so as long as i seal over it with the polycrylic i should be ok?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
No , haha, oogie isn't in it. :) just the forest of holiday trees. Maybe I'll do oogie in my jungle carpet's enclosure when it's built. Although i am wanting a female and planning on naming her "michonne "...so was thinking zombie apocolypse scene ( walking dead fan as well)... but back on topic, yes I'm having no problems with paint under the clear polycrylic. And unlike polyurathane the smell is gone rather quickly and easy cleanup (water based)

Promo_rep

what i did to add collor to the background of my cage its i went to the dollar tree and bought up a whole bunch of fake plant all for a dollar...and cut off all the the leaves and vines then stapled them to the back and sides....looks pretty decent...just a suggestion..

I don't know anything about drylock but when I painted I used indoor/outdoor paint then sealed over that with clear waterbased sealer. Polycrylic from minwax. [attachment=6712][attachment=6713]
thats the coolest thing ever! i wanna do that! (but i dont know how to paint so i would probably just do lines of rasta colors), but the paint for the tegu?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214