• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

(After a couple name changes) Introducing Goomba !

CmoneyAA

Hi all for all that don't know on this forum I finally got my little guy ! He's super skiddish right now but he's eating well but sleeps and burrows after a couple of hours of hanging out and basking and walking around the tank. I can't wait until he calms down again and lets me potty and food train him. He meet me hold him in the pet store just fine but I'm guessing he's just getting used to his new diggs.

Well, here's Goomba !

Here's a close up

On top of his humid hide cave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg

tegus4life

He's cute! Just a suggestion but he'd probably be better off in a cage that can hold heat and humidity better than just the glass aquarium-style one. How old is he?

CmoneyAA

Not exactly sure the age. Seems like the aquarium holds the heat and humidity just fine. Temps read 105 in the basking area and between 60-80% humidity I mist a couple of times and day and keep a wet towel over half the top of the screen

They claim like 3 or 4 months but never gave me a direct answer he's small tho

Oh and temps drop to 80 in the tank at night and 60-70% humidity at night as well. All read by a Petco thermometer and humidity gauge. I am planning on getting a digital one tomorrow and also was hoping to wait until he's older to his big upgrade and keep him in the tank for now. How does this all sound ?

tegus4life

Ok that's good, it's definitely something to watch out for though! I've heard that UV is blocked by the mesh screen on top but I really have no idea how valid that claim is. He's adorable and I like reptar as a name too, so awesome!!

CmoneyAA

Thank you and I hope that isint true about the mesh screen. Others I have talked to said it was ok so I just hope so. I can't wait until He comes around... We had a step back today I think. I was cleaning the poop on his cave and had to move his basking rock and had no idea he was burrowed under it . Of course he hopped out and huffed again I tried to put my hand on the substrate infront of his face but he wasn't too interested ( when he hopped out it freaked me out too haha I had no idea he was there) he let me touch his back without freaking out while he went back in his cave tho and I just left him alone after he went in there. I gotta clean somehow tho :/ just hope I'm not rushing him into getting used to me

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Mesh blocks out some, not all...glass would block all. I'm not sure of what percentage though. I do house mine temporarily that way now. He's in hibernation and will be moved into a larger wooden cage when complete. It will have uvb and heat suspended inside without any barriers to block the rays.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:p He's a cutie with that big head and pot belly. With the tank I would just suggest covering the sides so that he doesn't try to run through the glass when spooked and possibly get injured.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu