• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

all american tegus?

G

i was wondering how big the americans get? from the pics on bobby's site they look about 3 1/2 feet. is that right?

Mkulu

5 Year Member
Nope. Mine is only 1 year old and over 3 feet already. It will vary but I would not be surprized to see 4 1/2 maybe 5 and 20 to 25 Lbs.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Yeah, no one really knows as they are a brand new cross that's only happened the last two years (I think--right?!?!)...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
With these crosses not sure how large they are gonna get. They have blue in them which could make them smaller, in the 3 1/2 to 4 foot range. But they also got some red in there which could make them up to 5 feet. But half of thier gentics is extrem giants so 5 feet plus alot of wieght behind that. So i think we'll just have to see as these guys grow. I think last year was the first clutch of a blend like this.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Yes, last year was the first time that they ever have been bred. If they hibernate it will take longer for them to grow. It would be nice if more members who has the All American post some pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu