• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Angry Tegu

Kebechet

james.w said:
Kebechet, post a pic of your enclosure to give him a better idea.

Fine, fine make me do all the hard work :p

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

The enclosure is basically a long wooden box, sealed with drylok (a water resistant sealer used for cement, but it works great on making the cage resistant to all the humidity, however you have to wait several days after you've painted the stuff onto the cage to make sure it's safe. Those fumes can be bad) I've drilled some holes in the sides of the cage to allow for airflow. Alternately, you can go all the way and actually buy housing vents for ventilation.

I have lighting installed inside of my cage, and each light is screwed into a ceramic socket. It's also important to make sure that the sockets you use are safe for the wattage of light you're using.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think its awesome how well you take the suggestions, most people get upset. Let us know how things go once the changes have been made and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Lots of good advice...especially about switching up your enclosure and allowing your tegu to settle in.

Your tegu isn't angry...it's just scared. LOTS of tegus act like this until they get used to human interaction (which, with patience, routine and diligence, will typically happen faster than you'd think).

Switch up the cage and let your tegu come to you...you'll see amazing results in no time.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam