• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

anyone have v. prasinus?

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Emerald tree monitors are so beautiful. Such amazing coloration. i saw a crap-ton of them at the last two reptile expos I went to.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I haven't seen one in person yet but they seem really neat! I wish we had some locally. I was hoping someone on here would have some pictures to share

Reptile_fever

kingsnakes classifieds,faunna classified,Google varanus Prasinus for sale.You should be good!God bless Google now a days without it we all be lost!

dicy

5 Year Member
i havnt uploaded photos in ages but her sum of mine

prasinus2.jpg

prasinus1.jpg

DSC05764.jpg

DSC05757.jpg

DSC04531.jpg

b2.jpg

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Dicy, your monitors are stunning. I am very impressed. Tell us more about their husbandry, if you don't mind. I've read they can be trickier to keep than some other monitor species and that they are on the high-strung side. Are the handleable at all?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome monitors. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I haven't seen a whole bunch of info on them but they look amazing.

j.sawyer48 said:
how big do they get as adults
http://www.varanus.nl/V_prasinus_beschr_eng.htm

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bntegus said:
there is a lot of threads about them on varanus.net lots of info.

Thank you, I'll have to check it out more tomorrow.

dicy

5 Year Member
like most monitors they r not super hard to keep alive if u give them whut they need
but to breed can be tricky u need animals from same localty cuz they need to be synchronized to the same wet and dry periods (even dry period is like 80% humidety) they grow to aprox 70/80 cm need uv and calcium/vitamin in their dieet a mister ore spray aparatus is almost a must(u can hand spray but takes lost of time)
and lots of holow corck branches to hide and climb side and backs coverd whit corck to make space in the viv bigger
this is probly the best info site on prasinus on the net its in german but understandable in a translator :D
http://www.baumwaran-community.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=79

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu