• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

are tegus hibernating now?

azz123

what signs do i look for in a tegu hibernating? i live in the uk so im not in the states like most of you guys so my tegu lives solely in a wooden viv with glass doors temperatures and humidity regulated via lighting

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he was born in the southern hemisphere (which I would bet he was), he will be hibernating now.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
lol not everyone lives where they can keep there tegus outdoors. My tegu lives almost exclusively indoors. My tegu did hibernate for a long time this year she woke up in like may. I am assuming your tegu is hibernating now? When did you get him and how old is he?

azz123

my guess is he/she is hibernating? just wants 2 sleep all the time and off food completely, does come out for a venture now and again. i fink its about 2-3 months old and its about 8-10 inches long from nose 2 tail, a very long tail. my guess iss captive bred uk.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well she sounds like she is either just going into hibernation or just coming out of it. If he/she is really 2-3 months old she might just have a weird mental clock because most tegus are born in the summer. I think the best thing you can do is watch your tegu and act accordingly. If she wants to eat feed her but if she doesn't then don't. You can't really guese though because that dosen't help anybody. Did you get her from a local reptiles shop? Then just say that and don't guess. If she was ordered from a breeder than ask the breeder.

Hope that helps, again I wouldn't stress over her just watch her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu