• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby argentine so sweet, is this unsual?

GhostieRawr

So I recieved my black and white a week ago, he's six to eight inches long and losing the green coloring on his head.

Since I got him (I requested male but who knows if they could really sex him so young) he's never displayed any agression, no tail whipping, no biting, even at the tongs I feed him with, covered in pinky juices [ew] I've woken him up, which I know I shouldn't do (just so excited to interact with him I couldn't wait any longer) and he's never ever opened his mouth ever at me.

He's not so into being picked up, and is very active when I do, I build a bridge with my hands and have him walk over my hands over and over again.

And when he's in his enclosure, I pet him. I show him my hands first before I touch him, and then I rub his neck and down his back. He flattens his body out and closes his eyes, he's also under his basking spot and flattens like that even when I'm not touching him and he closes his eyes like he's sun tanning lol

Luckily it's summer now and he won't go into hibernation right off on me...will he even go into hibernation if my home is always warm? And obviously his cage is set up with a hot and cool side.

Are all young tegus this calm and docile or am I lucky? My local pet shop said their baby tegu whipped it's taIL and opened its mouth at them all the time.

All mine seems to do is....well maybe huff at me? He seems to inhale and exhale deeply sometimes but I don't hear anything accompanying it.

I'm worried he will come out of this docileness and start becoming bitey later on...but I pet him several times a day and feed him several times a day.... hoping he stays this way and starts to come to me. I also sing to all my reptiles like I sing to my daughter haha. Doubt the reptiles are in tune with the latest hits, but i try to get them used to everything I do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu