• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Tegu

FatheadHerps

5 Year Member
I am getting a baby golden tegu. I was wondering what and how much to feed him. I am not exactly sure how old but he is not very big. Maybe 10 inches to 14 inches with tail.

bubbategu2

5 Year Member
Congratulations! Check out the tegu care sheets on this forum-lots of good info and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone here is pretty friendly and helpful.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Thats great. I love the way gold tegus look,but i dont have one (yet :twisted: ) I think you should feed him plenty. all he can eat (once a day) and because hes a columbian I think you should pay special attention to handling and taming him.

whoru

5 Year Member
yup handel him as much as you can i am a columbian owner an know firt hand the agression problems they can have an i feed my joanna as much as she wants after all she is a growing girl

whoru

5 Year Member
Tegu Care Discussion Forum ~ Tegu Food List

look there it will tell all the foods u can feed

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Feed it a varied diet of insects, worms,raw ground turkey,beef liver,canned monitor food,eggs,mice,fruit ect. some people feed albacore and other seafood (which is probably ok added to a varied diet) I even feed mine veggies disguised with ground turkey and eggs,but alot of folks think veggies are not nessessary. I buy lots of fruit and veggies for myself so its no big deal for me to share it with my tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu