• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bacardi's first day outside

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bacardi was out on a leash for the real first time today. He has been out on my shoulder on the deck or balcony but this was the first time he was out and able to walk around. He was really unsure for the first ten minutes and did some death rolls, but he settled down and was out exploring and then sleeping. I think this could become a norm for him. Now is only Kiska would get use to a harness I could have all my lizards out at once, lol.

Morning Basking
IMG_4140.jpg

He's getting a bit of a belly on him now
IMG_4141.jpg

Every modle needs a head shot
IMG_4143.jpg

First time out on grass. He was not so sure about it
IMG_4144.jpg

Getting a good smell to see how things are.
IMG_4147.jpg

Getting a bt huffy becuase I would not let him go into the bushes
IMG_4149.jpg

After walk soak... ya it think its diet time with a belly like that.
IMG_4156.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He looks great, the grass really makes the color on his head stand out. Besides the raised scales what do they feel like? In the second pic it looks pretty smooth and kind of leathery.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Right now he feels churchy, lol. I saw in a week or so he is going to shed so that explains the crunchy feel. Normally he feels like soft leather with a few bumps to him. Not like a gator or anything more like a rattle snake kind of feel. I really need to get pics of him once he is done with a shed his green is just mind blowing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu