• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ban from the new thetegu.net?

LouDog760

5 Year Member
GOT_TEGUS said:
:-D hey bobby i glad you understand again sorry No more drama from me promise. Glad to be member and support my other tupinambis lovers :-D

loudog I ask for you to forgive me But i wouldnt banned someone for doing what you did. nothin .

Well on the other forum you were a moderator so I thought you had the power to do so, but I wrong so I apologize. No harm done I just wanted to know who did it.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Heck, I'm a moderator "over there" and didn't even know what was going on until I came over here, lol! Moderators can't really do anything but delete posts.

I do think it was a good idea to lock the thread. I think Loudog was within limits with what he posted, but seeing that a debate was soon to come, it would have taken away from the original poster's message.

I like both forums, but I'm a stick in the mud. I started at the other forum and like the chattiness and many of the people. Plus, I can only tolerate this dang black and white deal for a short time before my eyes really wig out. :drool But the smilies are cooler over here! Oh, and Varnyard has excellent tegus...I have two myself. ;)

Tux

5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
Heck, I'm a moderator "over there" and didn't even know what was going on until I came over here, lol! Moderators can't really do anything but delete posts.

I do think it was a good idea to lock the thread. I think Loudog was within limits with what he posted, but seeing that a debate was soon to come, it would have taken away from the original poster's message.

I like both forums, but I'm a stick in the mud. I started at the other forum and like the chattiness and many of the people. Plus, I can only tolerate this dang black and white deal for a short time before my eyes really wig out. :drool But the smilies are cooler over here! Oh, and Varnyard has excellent tegus...I have two myself. ;)

Interesting, I read the post and see that the next response may or may not have started a debate much like any post on any reptile topic, it may well of been "oh ok" or something similar. It is much better to take action when something wrong has happened vs defensive action when you aren't sure what will happen.

As for the theme the section your eyes are focused on (the content) is white on gray but yes the light theme is coming.

People will have accounts on other forums it's fine, if they don't they probably have not been around long.

As multiple admins posted in the topic I would direct any questions in that direction.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tux,

I see your point and I agree. I'm probably biased because I read this thread, went back and read the other thread, and then wrote my post. In other words, I saw the follow-ups forming here and applied them to that thread.

I'm not much for deleting posts, locking them, banning people, etc. There is so much to glean for people's conversations, even if you don't like what they are saying, lol! There are two tegu forums and people are going to bounce back and forth. I'm not into personal vendettas, but I do try to respect the fact that there is a history between these guys. I don't bring up the other site over here (until now) and I don't talk about this one over there. I'm just in it for the tegu info, I'm pretty oblivious to everything else going on! :)

Yes, now that you mention it, the background is gray, isn't it? I like the color, but the white font on it leaves retinal imprints in my eyeballs. I also get migraines pretty regularly so maybe it's a neuro thing. ;) I'm always afraid the light set-up here will trigger something so I pop in and leave quickly. But geez, I hate to sound like a complainer! Just chatting, really. If the dead horse smiley was available right now, I'd stick it right here.

DAVEDRAGON added the dead horse.
:dead

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu