• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

beads?

Jer723

5 Year Member
hey guys im trying to sex my red tegu, he is 13 inches long, nose to end of tail, BUT he has a stubbed tail so hes supposed to be much bigger, lengthwise. and my question is do male tegus have those beads under their vent from hatchlings? or do they develop like the jowls? because my tegu at this size doesnt seem to have the beads. is this because it is most likely a girl. or because its still too early to tell and s/he hasnt developed them yet. please reply, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
Jerry

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's still too early to tell. I've heard they start to become visible at about 2 feet long, but it may have to do more with age vs. size. Just enjoy him!! You'll know sooner or later!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus