• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Beardie with pinworms - could tegu have it?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Okay, I did something somewhat silly two weeks ago. Kwayze (my beardie) was taking a bath and I wanted to see if they would get along when they swam together (I got this idea from Youtube). I was thinking that maybe I could get them to know each other well in advance in case I want to take them both out at the same time in the future. Anyway, Lucky seemed to love swimming with his big sister and kept trying to sit on her like she was a floating device!

The bad part - I didn't know Kwayze had pinworms then! Can pinworms be transferred through the water? I've also had them both out at once before and Lucky cuddled up to Kwayze... :oops:

I don't know if I'm paranoid or not, but I just feel that Lucky has been trying to sleep a lot lately (similar to how Kwayze was before) and he's turning his nose up to both crickets and turkey now. His new thing is only eating scrambled eggs. Also, like I said in another post he was pooping water and urates, although I think that was just from having a mild cedar impaction.

Maybe I'm just worrying too much?

My vet forces you to bring them in for a checkup before they'll do a fecal. My bf has next week off so I might try to make an appointment for that. The problem is the only vet that I think really knows anything might not be on (and the other ones are useless when it comes to reptiles - I know more than them lol).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu