• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bert Langerwerf update

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks for the update. I been trying to find out about him. That is sad for sure. Well it's been coming. I hope he has found peace. Thanks for taking the time to post the update.

Markie

5 Year Member
Aw man. I can't say that I have ever dealt with Bert personally, but I have been following this topic since it started.. at least he isn't in any pain now.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I just got word from Timo his son. he said that Bert will be cremated tomorrow. Her is the email in case anyone is intersted.

Bert passed away today at 14:45 central time. He will be cremated tomorrow,
Tuesday. There will be a memorial later in the year, but no date has been
set yet. It will probably be many weeks or several months from now.

Sincerely,
Timo Langerwerf, Bert's son.

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
now another question arises. probably a little early to ask. What happens to all of the tegus. They aren't being taken care of right now. and i ordered from him a week ago.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sure they are fine.. Bert told me he got alot of help from his wife in taking care of the lizards and Timo is there.. Responsible keepers make sure their animals are taken care of after they're gone, and Bert definitely loved his lizards enough to do that i'm sure.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
He was a true icon and a pioneer of this hobby, God rests his soul
That sure sums it up!! I never met him or talked to him in person, but we had a few conversations by email.

My father died from cancer. Near the end he was in so much pain, it could be over fast enough. I'm glad it's finally over for Bert.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
R.I.P. Bert. you will allways be remembered as a legend in both tegu and waterdragon worlds. he lived well.

got an email from timo....sad day.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is a very sad day in the reptile world, and in the real world, he was an awesome man as well as a long time trusted friend.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
It is a very sad day in the reptile world, and in the real world, he was an awesome man as well as a long time trusted friend.
You said a mouth full there Bobby. It's a said day all the way around. He left his mark on the world that's for sure. Not many people have that to say in the end.It's really amazing when you think about it. Well now it looks like you are the Largest Tegu breeder in the US. I have to say I am looking forward to walking into reptile History saying I consider you my friend. You have a great future ahead of you. And I'm not gonna let what happened between me and Bert happen with you.
I want to meet you face to face one day and see the other man that has influenced the way I do things. It may have to be at a show. But I will be seeing you. LOL

hoosier

5 Year Member
my you rest in eternal peace my friend. its truely a sad day for his family and everyone in the reptile world... gone but will never be forgotten.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
I want to meet you face to face one day and see the other man that has influenced the way I do things. It may have to be at a show. But I will be seeing you. LOL

I'm gonna have to ditto that. Bobby, I will most likely be heading to England (to visit some close friends) in a year or so, and I would like to do a stopover in florida...maybe I could stop by and say hi!

Serafim

5 Year Member
What a great lose to the reptile community. And to those of you who were close my deepest sympathies. Its a shame they are not keeping his farm.Still loads of work and learning that could be done. RIP Bert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus