• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black and White much!?!?!? ENJOY!

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Here is my Varnyard girl at almost 1 yr old and over 30inches long. Haven't measured her in a few weeks so not sure how much longer than 30inches she is. She is doing great, however, I wish she didn't have such SHARP CLAWS! What do you all do about these monster scrapers!? She kills me!

DoubleDip.jpg

Thanks for commenting!

Take Care,
-BLAIR

Utahraptor

5 Year Member
woo pretty pretty. i love how the tongue contrasts with the rest of the pic.

As for the claws, i guess a lot of people have rocks in their enclosures. As for me, my tegu's outside playpen lies partially on a brick/cement surface, which she like to dig at.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice lookin girl! Try some long sleeves if the claws bother you. Boon always went for the shoulder perch so I never lost much blood.

Herplings

5 Year Member
Nice B&W. She looks great.

As far as the nails go. I just trim my Tegus and monitors and Iggys nails.

I trim them about once a month. I start when they are hatchlings. I don't trim them when they are that young, but I go thru the motions. Once they get old enough that I can start trimming them, they don't even notice. I can do it with one hand while they sit on my lap. I can even turn them over on their backs when I trim them and rub their bellies.

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Thanks for the compliments. I'll try putting some brick or tiles to help with her sharp claws. I doubt she'd he content enough with me clipping her nails.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu