• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

black widow in out door cage

jntann

5 Year Member
I killed one black widow in cage and got rid of web. sticky web keeps coming back but I can't find another spider....... will the spider pose any danger to my b/w tegu :shock:

Beazer

5 Year Member
Aaaww whyd you kill the little black widow? Next time just get a cup and scoop it and release it somewhere to live its life out. As far as widows go, unless it can penetrate the hide I dont think theres any danger really? I mean, tegus are reported eating rattlesnakes in the wild and chewing a rattlesnake or killing you are bound to get fanged. Just next time catch the little black widow and let it live somewhere else. They actually make interesting display animals.

-Jon DeLong

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know if the spider would be able to penetrate the skin...if it's an adult, it wouldn't post MUCH of a threat, but I sure wouldn't leave it in there. Think about it, there are exposed areas on a tegu, such as the eyes, and maybe....the mouth. I don't know that a tegu would be immune or even resistant to the toxin.

jntann

5 Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I will go out to the cage tonight when it is dark with a flash light. He will be out, and i will get that little sucker..

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jntann said:
Thanks for the advice. I will go out to the cage tonight when it is dark with a flash light. He will be out, and i will get that little sucker..

Good. I do know one thing for sure; Black Widows have always been a big problem on my dad's property around our 36 animals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu