• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue tegu aggression. Should I take him on?

bfb345

You made the right decision, hopefully this tegu ends up in proper care. Quite sad to see what its condition has come to in that owners care. To relay back on Brenden and Austin's posts, sorry but I'm inclined to.. Brenden, with all do respect, I have to agree with Austin on this one. I have kept all types of tegus over the course of the past 10 years and have realized blues are definitely the more difficult to tame in comparison to black and whites and reds. Not trying to stir up an argument but keep it cool bud, while your case may be different, others share the same experiences as Austin and I.
Yeah I suppose it all depends on the husbandry and amount of time as it does with any tegu I suppose due to the limited gene pool animals with good tempers aren't really on the top of the have to breed list it's more of a have to breed and sell or holdback don't care if it's temperament is good or not lol.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Every tegus temperament is different and highly depends on how they are raised. Im not a believer that since they havent been bred for long that they have more of a wild disposition. Many breeders are getting fresh bloodlines straight out of Brazil in Europe and are hatching out F1s and F2s with no different personality than ones that their line has been captive for a long time. Theres just no proof to that theory. The only difference Ive seen in personality between blues and the others is that blues are much more active and dont tend to hold onto the weight as easily as the reds or b/ws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980