• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU available....

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Suprised KSTAR hasnt responded yet...I would never ship out at 17 degrees especially if its arriving in the 40s...

ashesc212

5 Year Member
:shock: :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

...unbelievable...I just shouldn't read some posts sometimes...

I am so sorry for your loss!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
Suprised KSTAR hasnt responded yet...I would never ship out at 17 degrees especially if its arriving in the 40s...
I shipped a baby Blue in exactly the same conditions with (2) heat packs but a much bigger box with 2" of rigid insulation all around. The tegu finally arrived in 2 days (not the 1 promised) with a body temp of 90 degrees. 2 heat packs is definitely too much. If the Tegu had no space between it and the heat packs In a small box) it got cooked.

All_American

5 Year Member
well its been some time now and Kstar has not said anything , I will say in his behalf that he "trusted " his buddy Boostfiend to ship it for him. So you may get a reply from him. Kstar did not really want to ship, but figured if shipping was needed to be able to send the tegu to a good home he would.

He lost his animal and I lost some money. I will drive and pick up only from now on. Unless I know the persons for myself.

All_American

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
2 heat packs is definitely too much. If the Tegu had no space between it and the heat packs In a small box) it got cooked.

This was my thoughts, but when I called I was told. Thats impossible? Funny, I was the one that recieved the animal and I could feel the heat on the outside surface of the box. But hey, what do I know.

The one that suffered most, Was the little tegu. I feel for his suffering myself.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Really guys, two heat packs are too much, tegus can handle the cold better than the heat. If the heat packs are small, then two are fine, but if the box has good stryo one heat pack is more than enough.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All_American said:
I lost some money

As crappy as the situation is, I think you are owed a refund. You paid for a tegu to arrive alive and well and did not receive it. A full refund is in order.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Really guys, two heat packs are too much, tegus can handle the cold better than the heat. If the heat packs are small, then two are fine, but if the box has good stryo one heat pack is more than enough.
I learned my lesson and got lucky the Tegu was OK.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Wow so I see everyone has alot to say but doesn't know much about the situation and just for the record since I now don't have tegus I'm not on the site as much...and after recieving a frozen tegu about 3 or 4 months back I thought that 2 heat packs will be fine just in case something occurs like the tegu not arriving the next day which is what also happened to me before and I know I shouldn't look at other situations and go about things based on them but I wanted to be safe than sorry and as for the refund situation....all American knows what happened with that and he didn't stay empty handed like others do when they recieve other than what was described and I was the one that decided to call and talk to him about it and we spoke and came to an agreement about the situation and yes he lost out on some of his money while I had to lose out on the tegu and the money I refunded..so I lost out both ways before anyone thinks that I didn't do anything about the situation...thanx

Pony

5 Year Member
Sadly it is a lesson learned. It always helps to get a second opinion on everything if you are unsure. So many people on this site are a wealth of knowledge!

Tux

5 Year Member
Why does he only get part of his $ back for your shipping mistake? As far as the "he didn't stay empty handed like others do when they recieve other than what was described" that doesn't happen when you deal with reputable ppl, they know a risk of doing business is that when they make a mistake it costs them the entire price. my point is that the guy should get all of his $, it wasn't his mistake.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Well first off the package arrived at 10:15 cause that was the time he signed for it according to fedex and he didn't call me to 11 and on top of that I didn't get pictures for proof untill 11 that night so I was wondering what's going on from 11 am to 11 pm before he sent me pictures and he said he had to go to work so fine and everyone is different but when I recieved a red tegu that didn't make it I took pictures and emailed them to the person before I even called him back and before he contacted me later on I filed a report with paypal aswell which by the way did nothing so waiting for them is like waiting for life before they take some kind of action but I didn't let it get that far and I called him and spoke got him and we came to the agreement that we did but everyone here acts like they wouldn't be thinking a million and one things when someone you don't know from a whole in the wall is telling you your lizard didn't make it and didn't send proof till 11 hours later and special thanks goes out to davedragon who also shipped with two heat packs and is knocking me for doing it and then goes on thetegu writing different than what he wrote on this thread...I'm not a kid so don't disrespect me...I never did it to no one else so don't do it to me....everyone has something to say but only knows what was put on this thread

Tux

5 Year Member
KSTAR said:
Well first off the package arrived at 10:15 cause that was the time he signed for it according to fedex and he didn't call me to 11

Less than an hour, seems like a quick turn around to me, sometimes it takes me up to a day to contact when their is an issue, most sellers give 24-48 hours for contact.

and on top of that I didn't get pictures for proof untill 11 that night so I was wondering what's going on from 11 am to 11 pm before he sent me pictures and he said he had to go to work so fine

maybe he had some other stuff to deal with, again it is within 12 hours that's pretty quick for someone whom has a life.

and everyone is different but when I recieved a red tegu that didn't make it I took pictures and emailed them to the person before I even called him back and before he contacted me later on I filed a report with paypal aswell which by the way did nothing so waiting for them is like waiting for life before they take some kind of action but I didn't let it get that far and I called him and spoke got him and we came to the agreement that we did

irrelevant, your situation may not have matched his, I don't know what either of your schedules look like but I can tell you I have some things which would take priority over the situation if they were to come up.

but everyone here acts like they wouldn't be thinking a million and one things when someone you don't know from a whole in the wall is telling you your lizard didn't make it and didn't send proof till 11 hours later

As I mentioned most people give 24-48 hours for contact and understand providing further info may take some time, It doesn't matter however as DOA's are pretty straight forward it isn't like he had the animal long enough to kill it via improper care.

and special thanks goes out to davedragon who also shipped with two heat packs and is knocking me for doing it and then goes on thetegu writing different than what he wrote on this thread...I'm not a kid so don't disrespect me...I never did it to no one else so don't do it to me....

I donno about all that but I will knock you both for shipping in weather like that.

everyone has something to say but only knows what was put on this thread
If theirs more to it than put it all up so we can make informed conclusions

now you didn't explain why the customer takes a loss in this situation....

Pony

5 Year Member
Personally, I think All_american is handling this really really well. Much better then I would have o_O. Kudos to him!

Tegu Tank

5 Year Member
i agree but we shouldnt beat down on Kstar he made a mistake and we should leave it like that now as far as All_americans money goes he agreed to take the lost so thats his problem if he wanted his money back im pretty sure he would do something about it but he didnt so he must b ok with whatever the deal was and as far as the tegu and picture thing i do agree that thats kind of suspicious but if he had other things to do he had other things to do

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KSTAR said:
special thanks goes out to davedragon who also shipped with two heat packs and is knocking me for doing it and then goes on thetegu writing different than what he wrote on this thread.
I shipped in a much bigger box, had 2 heat packs on top (not top & bottom with no air gap), and left a 1" air gap (foam peanuts). And it took 2 days to be delivered. He did the same thing I did, overcompensated for the outside temps.

The same box was used 2 more times in slightly warmer temps with no problems. The 60 hour heat packs stay warm for days! I have no problem shipping in those temps in the future.

It was a costly mistake, monetary for both parties, and the life of a Tegu. What's important is learning from it and not making the same mistake again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602