• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

blue tegu

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RE: blue baby tegu with slanted eyes

I would be alittle worried along with the underbite that is starting to developed. WHo has hatcling blues right now? Its way to early really. They hatch in October normally at the earliest it seems September. I would be seriosly suspetious.

Wil

5 Year Member

chelvis said:
I would be alittle worried along with the underbite that is starting to developed. WHo has hatcling blues right now? Its way to early really. They hatch in October normally at the earliest it seems September. I would be seriosly suspetious.

That is a baby from last year. She has been down since about mid December or so and is just now coming around.
I was concentrating on the eyes and trying to explain it that I completely missed the underbite. Thanks for catching that. I'm going to go ahead and hold on to her and see how it develops.
As for the eyes, I believe it may be incubation related as not all of the babies were like that and I have had a small percentage hatch out before. It is almost as if the eyelids are too small causing the "squinty" look. I have seen it in varying degrees in both Reds and Black and Whites also.
Anyways, nice catch Chelvis. I appreciate it.
Wil

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Alright that would make scense if it was an '10 i wouldnt be as worried. I thought it was someone trying to pass it off as an '11. To be honest that was my major consern. There are a few blue out there i have seen with underbites that do very well, i just would recomend as a pet only animal (no breeding). I have had the eye problem with some leos with eggs that seem to sag at the last part of incubation. Some grew out of it, but some didn't. If it doesn't affect he ability to eat and get around i seen nothing wrong wiht her again be a pet animal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christine Lavear