• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Booksmart Tegu

Lynda

[attachment=3973]Piper just got up from a 5 day nap, had a couple of silversides, took a bath, and climbed up the bookcase to catch up on some reading...what a life! :p

Attachments

• piper in bookcase.jpg
    piper in bookcase.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 10

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice pic :) it's not uncommon for them to climb when they're younger but they tend to grow out of it as they get larger. Small size, bottom of the food chain as they grow they move up the food chain with less if any predators. So climbing is less of a requirement.

Lynda

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Nice pic :) it's not uncommon for them to climb when they're younger but they tend to grow out of it as they get larger. Small size, bottom of the food chain as they grow they move up the food chain with less if any predators. So climbing is less of a requirement.
Thanks! I learn something everytime I sign in - :)

got10

I used to think that Gu's didn't climb either til Gonzo disappeared off the deck and i couldn't find him .And the whole while the freaking barking squirrels kept driving me nuts with the freaking chatter .All the noise caused me to look up and and see gonzo raiding the squirrels nest.
It took me an hour to climb up and retrieve him. And I still cant figure how the heck he climbed the tree so fast or how he even knew there was a nest up there for him to raid . But yes they will climb ,. BTW Gonzo is just under four foot long

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are pretty funny. I had my full grown tegu out on the back porch where they free roam. Went outside to hang out and she had climbed the green ig's huge mesh cage and was sitting on top. I love her face...part "wassup!" and part "How do I get down?" The ig was NOT thrilled. She's just under 4ft as well.

I think they are just wonderful opportunists. Like Bubblz, said, need to climb less as they get older, but apparently agile and strong enough to do it if required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus