• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Buying a tegu from Big apple Pet supplies

Byrns149

5 Year Member
Is it good? Theyre only $200 and they look good in the pictures. Just normal captive bred argentine black and whites. Does anyone have expierience with them?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
$200 is too much for a farmed b&w in my opinion. If you can wait it out, next July or so.there will be plenty of CB babies. Have you checked TeguTerra, they may still have 2011 hatchlings.

kellen.watkins

I've talked to that steve guy when I was looking for a beardie and he was trying to tell me that kevin dunn from dragonsdenherps was a horrible breeder cause his website wasn't ranked that high lol D-bag :)

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Typically, they require a bit more work to calm and harbor a larger load of parasites. I'd recommend taking them to your vet for a check over or at the least taking in some fresh poo for a float/smear.

Dana C

Byrns149 said:
alright how are farm bred in general? I have seen some deals on fauna for 165 or 180,

I bought what I am sure is a farm raised Agr. Red from Reptile City....and yes I have heard more about them and wouldn't deal with them again. However, the Tegu, Miss Kitty, wasn't "out of the box" calm and docile.
She was a handful, hissing, puffing, tail whipping etc. I received her on October 27 and she has calmed down and allows herself to be picked up and loves to have her chin and jowls stroked. In other words she is doing fine in the temprament area. I think she was about 15 1/2 inches when I got her and hatched in June I think but don't really know.

I paid $200 for her which is the norm for a CB imported Red with B&W's as low as $150.

You might want to check the LLL Reptiles site as well as they often have them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu