• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Calci/Phoenix Worms

ThePHX

5 Year Member
BTW, i re-read what was said and I agree, you cant be positive on the nutritional content. Todays been by far the worst day in my life...im just flipping out. I apologize, but that is a good point i do need to find out how to figure out the nutritional info

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
ThePHX said:
BTW, i re-read what was said and I agree, you cant be positive on the nutritional content. Todays been by far the worst day in my life...im just flipping out. I apologize, but that is a good point i do need to find out how to figure out the nutritional info
Not trying to be over nosey. But is everything alight. This worst day thing . Are you having troubles?

tupinambis

5 Year Member
Sorry, I wasn't trying to upset you, ThePHX. Just an intellectual excercise. I sincerely hope your day is not so terrible, I've had a few of those myself and wouldn't wish them on anyone.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
nothing wrong with intellectual exercises :D Yesterday was quite bad..but hopefully everyday will be better than the last. Do you know how one would go about finding the nutritional content for insects?

tupinambis

5 Year Member
There's very little you could do at home, other than anecdotal or possibly crude moisture content. To find out exactly what nutritional content your insects actually have is a somewhat expensive prospect, but can be done if you are seriously interested. You would want to consult a laboratory that does empirical testing (there are all kinds out there willing to just look in a book and give you what you already know above), something like the following site (no, this isn't a plug, I am in no way associated with the company):
http://www.nutridata.com/

You could also try contacting local educational institutions and see if they have a Food&Nutrition dept or a veterinary college with a nutrition program. They might be willing to take on a project like this.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
tupinambis said:
You could also try contacting local educational institutions and see if they have a Food&Nutrition dept or a veterinary college with a nutrition program. They might be willing to take on a project like this.

Thats a realllyyy good point, and probably would be easier to get a hold of them than some big company eh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980