• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

calcium supplemnt..how much?

wyattroa

5 Year Member
just wondering how you measure giving your tegus and other herps calcium supplement. Do you just sprinkle some on the food or do you measure it out....it says to go off the weight of your animal, but im not sur ehow much my tegu weighs.
robert

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do a heavy sprinkle, but it depends on what you're feeding them. Ground turkey & fish need more; rodents need little.

cornking4

5 Year Member
Since mine refused to touch sprinkled food, what I do is I roll his ground turkey and chicken into balls and fill the centers with his vitamins. Since he can't smell the vitamins, he takes them every time. For my five month old, I give him four grape sized balls a day, and fill their centers once a week.

Jer723

5 Year Member
i do the same as dave. just eyeball it. i just give a nice healthy drizzle about every 3 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus