• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cayman Hybrid Iguana, Buzz - Update

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
Dang these things are big. How do you handle food? What is their average weekly consumption?

Well Buzz eats about everyday, sometimes smaller meals than usual. I feed him a full plate of assorted greens, in one of those clayish brown plates you set under flower pots usually, not sure if its visible in the pics. A full plate everyday. The foods not all that expensive because I buy it from a local farmers market in bulk because I burn through it all real quick. A lot of the foods he eats are foods that I eat so its really no big in my case. Collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens romaine lettuce, butternut squash, banana squash, grapes about 2-3 times a week, half a water melon a week, apples on occasion, a banana every 2 weeks, and Mazuri TC 10 pellets twice a week. The greens and veggies are included in every meal and I surprise him with different fruits with each meal.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rob, I was definitely not expecting this spurt in growth, he lasted indoors about 6 months or so but shot up in growth when I moved him outside. He's gained about 2-3lbs in the last month which is just crazy.

RobK.

boys he's good looking

TeguBuzz said:
TegusRawsome80 said:
Dang these things are big. How do you handle food? What is their average weekly consumption?

Well Buzz eats about everyday, sometimes smaller meals than usual. I feed him a full plate of assorted greens, in one of those clayish brown plates you set under flower pots usually, not sure if its visible in the pics. A full plate everyday. The foods not all that expensive because I buy it from a local farmers market in bulk because I burn through it all real quick. A lot of the foods he eats are foods that I eat so its really no big in my case. Collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens romaine lettuce, butternut squash, banana squash, grapes about 2-3 times a week, half a water melon a week, apples on occasion, a banana every 2 weeks, and Mazuri TC 10 pellets twice a week. The greens and veggies are included in every meal and I surprise him with different fruits with each meal.

looks good . your doing such a good job with Buzz . I feel guilty sometimes not living where its warmer .i wish he could stay outside more . I hope i have his enclosure set up good for the winter ,I am replacing all his light soon , i want new bulbs for the winter . I am spending a lot on electrify for him. 16 % more then before i got him . but i do have 7 lights over his basking area , a oil filled heater , and ultrasonic humidifier .

I was giving mine cactus leafs and fruit , can't find that any more , I love prickly pear as does Roni .both the leaves and fruit are good for them .he loves bitternut squash , I give him a little banana , Collard green are his favourite greens . Green beans so so . Snap pea's as a treat he loves them as do i . He Loves papaya but hard to find now . Loves danilions, but they are all frozen now , going to TRY to grow my own inside .He does not like mustard green very much but will eat a little . Blueberry's every now and then as a treat and its fun watching him chase them down, when i roll them across the floor . It sweet how gentle he can be . when i hive him a blue beery by hand , with it between my finger , you can tell he tries to grab it without getting my fingers . i was being careful and only feeding him from my palm , no need . these rock iguanas are very very smart, loving and love affection IMO

My Roni i is now going through 6 bundles of collard greens a week , one butter nut squash . two bundles of water cress , no more hibiscus leaves it froze . One papaya when i can find it , but i eat part. I pack of dried fig soaked , we share and i soak his to re hydrating them . going to check the Mexican grocery stores to see if i can find more catguts leaves and fruit . getting hard to find as many of his staples with winter almost here . Next spring the garden and green house, will be going full bore for him and us .

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Got through his shed.

[attachment=5671]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351904259.811304.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351904259.811304.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts