• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Change in moods.

tora

I got my rainbow boa like 2 months ago or so, and he had a pretty nice attitude considering what he looked like. It was pretty apparent he was just stuck in a low humidity tank just so it's parents can watch it eat live mice. Anyway, even though he had just shed before I got him, he went into shed again not even a month later. I found this kinda strange considering he's already full grown. Well, his eye caps came off (there were old ones on still) and he had a good shed, but now he's real nippy. He just ate like 3 days ago, too. Is the change maybe just because he's feeling better and more lively? They aren't full out strikes, he just wants to kinda nom on me.. he actually ended up accidentally biting himself once.

Herplings

5 Year Member
I keep mainly Boas. My wife and have been working with them for a long time.

Now that it is summer time and warm outside, long days, and short nights we do see changes in some of our Boas attitudes.
This time of year is feeding season. Its when the males are the most hungry and want to eat the most. I believe mainly because most males in the wild travel and look for females and in the process, come breeding season most males will not eat.
Our Boas have a much higher feeding response and seem to want to eat much more then they do in late fall and winter.

A few other things is the higher heat and temps are like fuel. If he was cold at his old place he might not have had as much energy as he does now that his temps are correct.
He could also still be stressed out and will calm down more after some time and a few more good meals.

As far as shedding goes. I don't think shedding every 4-6 weeks is to odd. But, if a snakes has damage to its body, like bites, or scratches from being fed live, or eye caps stuck on its eyes, the snakes will shed more often to help in getting rid of that stuff, and healing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff