• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cheap Cypress Mulch

wford84

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Landscape-Supplies-Barks-Mulches/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbx4a/R-100355716/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Is this good mulch for a small tegu?

Dana C

You may have seen it on line but it is only available in the east. I found it in Florida stores but just about anywhere West of the Rockies it can't be found or ordered from Home Depot, Lowes, Wal Mart or True Value.
If you can get it great.

wford84

Dana C said:
You may have seen it on line but it is only available in the east. I found it in Florida stores but just about anywhere West of the Rockies it can't be found or ordered from Home Depot, Lowes, Wal Mart or True Value.
If you can get it great.

Idk why it did that. I ended up with specialty reptile cypress mulch/ bed a beast. I will check but home depot says they have the stuff in all the madison stores.

Dana C

Like I said, East of the Rockies, it is easier to find. If you end up having to buy it from Petsmart or Petco, plan on spending a few hundred dollars to fill a 6-8' enclosure.
It will become scarcer as environmental advocates are pressing the case against the harvest of wild cypress all over the south.

got10

You cant get it here either. Im going to use oak leaves . I will rake them up place them in bags in my shed to freeze over the winter and place them in black lawn bags when it warms up to bake what ever didnt freeze to death over the winter,then place it in the cage.Its free its available and it holds moisture pretty well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont