• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Close call!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I saved this little cutie, not once but twice from the jaws of Natsuki about an hour ago in my backyard.

IMGP3443.jpg

IMGP3444.jpg

IMGP3445.jpg

IMGP3450.jpg

IMGP3452.jpg

:D It started to come around when it saw Natsuki in the back ground.

IMGP3458.jpg

IMGP3459.jpg

IMGP3460.jpg

IMGP3461.jpg

IMGP3462.jpg

and back to the yard. :)

IMGP3463.jpg

The little booger hadn't moved from that spot when Natsuki came back around looking for it and I had to grab it and move it again.

IMGP3465.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They came out of hibernation this spring and the babies have been hatching all summer so,.. they're all over the backyard. Not a day goes by where I don't see one run across a window or wall outside.

I knew it would happen one day, earlier this summer Natsuki was chasing a larger one along the wall until it went higher. But this little baby got caught out in the grass and had very little chance of escaping on its own. I was taking pics of my dogs when I heard Natsukis jaws snapping. When ever I hear that I stop what I'm doing because he's trying to eat something. As I looked he started chasing it and I saw the little cutie trying to get away.

At first I wasn't going to do anything, something that small in his jaws had to have been killed or at least major internal damage. At one point I thought he ate it, he walked away,.. but I didn't see him swallow anything and I didn't see it get away. But Natsuki turned around came back and found it again so I tapped him on the checks a couple of times and he dropped it.

Gedy

That is a funny little lizard :) I've never seen those, let alone spot them outside.
It is unny to see what diffent species people around the world can find in there backyard.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cloudy day today,.. it's suppose to rain. But we weren't outside ten minutes before he caught another one. They must be way more cartilage than bone at this age because Natsuki had it by the head. He wasn't too happy that I took it from him this time either.

IMGP3472.jpg

IMGP3473.jpg

IMGP3478.jpg

IMGP3474.jpg

IMGP3482.jpg

IMGP3486.jpg

IMGP3488.jpg

IMGP3490.jpg

IMGP3492.jpg

At this rate I can start my own colony with out putting in the work to catch them.

CrankbaitJedi

Bwahahahahahaha! Love the picks. Poor fence lizards... is that what they looks like after being 'saved'? If I had a mug like that... I would throw myself at the gu to get it over with... Hmmmmmm. You say this is happening with a few of them? Could be they see your gorgeous tegu and just give up! Your tegu is freaking awesome!!! Love the head color. BAM!!!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks :blush: I think they're cute lol but this one wasn't even in the grass. It was in a bunch of leaf litter pretty much camouflaged until it moved. Once it ran it couldn't get away quick enough, two snaps and he had it. I'm sure their short little lives flashed before their eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu