• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Coastal Carpet Python

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Today we picked up a 3 year old, 5 foot male, Coastal Carpet Python from a local Breeder, selling on CraigsList, for a great price! He needed to make some room.

All we have available is a 55G aquatic tank at this time. He will move into the 90G (75G but 6" taller) when I build a large enclosure for the Cuban Rock Iguana. He danced on the mirrored glass for a little while and settled down. The setup was done quickly using stuff I found around the house, some stolen from other critters. The ambient temp downstairs, with all of the Tegu lights, is in the low 80's. I'll give him a basking bulb tomorrow to get him up to 90.

IMG_1049_.jpg

IMG_1054_.jpg

IMG_1055_.jpg

mschuld

5 Year Member
Looks like you scored! Carpet pythons are the best. They don't get huge and usually have a great temperment.Congrats!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dorton said:
Nice looking mcdowelli, I need to update the pics of mine.
I really enjoy my morelia.
Thanks. I'll have to take a few more pics after we give her a week off.

Our 5.5ft Dumeril Boa shed an hour ago!! Gotta get some pics of her!

jor71

5 Year Member
I am planning on getting a snake in a few months and thanks to you, I have decided which one I want.

I looked through many different species and I will get a Jungle Carpet Python. I have found some breeders and have read some care sheets. I am going to buy some books and do some more research on them. I hope to have enough information on them by January and I will start looking to buying one.

I rather take my time as i did before I got Ash.

Good luck with your Coastal!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks!

I had wanted one last year but couldn't justify spending $250 on another snake. The price was right on this one! I can't wait to take him out this weekend!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu