• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian Tegu: Nails!

Syd

I've had my tegu for about 2 months, she's great- but I took her out to play yesterday, and I noticed her nails were getting really sharp! Should I trim them, and with what? I don't think she'd be too comfortable with that. She scratched my thigh just by casually crawling over it!​
Advice?
IMG_0047.JPG

kymzilla

I try to trim both my guys every few weeks but they don't sit still, and even trimmed they're still brutal. I have about 20 scars from them already.

Tannaros

I use Drylok in all of my tegu and monitor enclosures - they seem to have a fascination with trying to burrow through the bottom of their cages, so their nails stay pretty well filed.

Tannaros

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus