• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian + Argentine?

Jer723

5 Year Member
ok i have a red tegu as some of you may know. he is around a foot, and doing well, i was thinking in a couple months, at the july or the next white plains reptile expo. i would like to get a gold tegu, i think i am up for the challenge as i now they are known to have the worst temperament out of all tegus. i really like their colors and they seem cool. and i am wondering the same thing as caterpillar giraffe. would it be ok to introduce a new tegu to mine as i am building a new enclosure soon. i know that columbians are pissy and argentines are mellow, would this be a problem for housing them together? and what size enclosure would ii need to hold 2 tegus eventually when they are full size? or i may just keep them seperate. it is just a thought, plese respond guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
You may be able to get away with a Argentine x Argentine or Columbian x Columbian mix, but i don't think putting a Columbian and Argentine together would be a good idea.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Hmm a 4-4.5 foot Red and a 3 foot flighty Colombian only spells disaster. Its not worth it. If its care that your worried about, I would say only stick with 1 tegu for now. Tegus require in depth care and its not worth housing 2 different species together to make it easier.

Put a timid chihuahua with a great dane, not such a good idea.

Hopefully that helps with the "why" part of your question.

Take care

Jer723

5 Year Member
thanks for your input guys, when i do get it ill house them seperately. thanks for responding ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu