• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

CRAZY APPETITE!!

Kingjaffejo

5 Year Member
Hello Tegutalk! I just want your opinion. I have two Juvenile tegus and their appetites are crazy! They're only about 11 inches from snout to tail, and they eat more than i think their little bodies can hold, i'm impressed. I fed them yesterday, and they ate boiled egg, and the ate atleast half of that, they had 7 super worms, and had the nerve to eat twenty crickets. They are little beast. Does this mean that they're going to be enormous tegus?

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Kingjaffejo said:
Hello Tegutalk! I just want your opinion. I have two Juvenile tegus and their appetites are crazy! They're only about 11 inches from snout to tail, and they eat more than i think their little bodies can hold, i'm impressed. I fed them yesterday, and they ate boiled egg, and the ate atleast half of that, they had 7 super worms, and had the nerve to eat twenty crickets. They are little beast. Does this mean that they're going to be enormous tegus?

Well my baby GUs I feed daily. they will grow fast Enormous Maybe :-D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I fed my hatchlings crickets in the morning and turkey (and other stuff) in the afternoon. All they can eat at every meal. It is amazing how much they can eat!! And they're very good at throwing it all over the place!

Kingjaffejo

5 Year Member
Yea you're right! Bobby can get away with it because he has steady clients and he can flip that money into food for them, but i'm sure it does cost alot! Feeding 18 hatchlings must be extreme work, for you!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wasn't talking about the money!! Think about having to feed and clean up after 600 Tegu's!!!! Plus he has all the adults that need to be fed!! It's a full time job!!

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I wasn't talking about the money!! Think about having to feed and clean up after 600 Tegu's!!!! Plus he has all the adults that need to be fed!! It's a full time job!!

lol thats lots of GU poop get the pitch fork shovel ready :-D hey that would be a awesome job for mike rowe the show dirty Jobs send mike rowe a job offer Bobby :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz