• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Crazy when free roaming! Need help :)

bwiegmann

Hey everyone, ive never had this issue b4 but red has started going insane when hes free roaming. It is out of nowhere, ill be sitting on the floor interacting with him and all of a sudden hell dart away and do whatever he can to get away. He even gapes at me when I try to approach him. This behavior is new hes never done this before and I was hoping someone might have some suggestions that might help me to help him calm down while hes out with me. Thanks!! :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Could he be in the middle of a shed or something that is making him grumpy?

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I dont really have a suggestion, but my red tegu does exactly the same thing. I have let her free roam in my room for her entire life, she wanders around and explores, and I can just walk up to her and pet her or pick her up with no problem. I have recently just started opening up my doors, and letting her start to explore the rest of the apartment. Whenever she is outside my room, and I even walk near her, she freaks out and tries to run away. If I try to pick her up, she fights me like a monster. Its like she doesnt recognize me. But when I bring her back to my room, she calms down and then goes back to acting normal.

Maybe its exploring a new room and it makes them extra tense?

bwiegmann

Lol he may be going into a shed, but its just my bedroom lol n hes been living here for almost a year now lol im hoping its a phase

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My tegu is pretty grumpy when she's shedding. We work through it though! ;) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus