• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

crested gecko owners

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i was wondering if any of you guys think it would be ok to add a little repashy cgd to a tegus food every now and then to replace fruit for tegus who dont like them? i have tried mincing fruit into neros food but she wont touch it and veggies she will spit out. i tried it with my uro and he seemed to like it(hes another picky eater that wont take his fruits and veggies only greens and dried plit peas) :chin

Meg90

5 Year Member
That's a great idea. :) Its been fed to skinks before, and beardies I think (that I know of) there is also protein and lipids in it as well. Its a good additive. I will try some with Cleo tomorrow too, and let you know what she thinks!

The Fig is GREAT. I have 16 geckos that pound it. Mango and Papaya are also good choices. I heard rose was nice, but my group (all of them but the gargs) don't like it.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey meg09 thanks, btw i saw your cresties and gargs on the pangea forums and they look awesome. Do you sell any of your hatchlings?

Meg90

5 Year Member
I will be in the spring :) (shipping too, once weather warms up). I have 8 babies atm. And am looking in to sharing a table with friends at a reptile show in southern Wisc. I've got Harleys, Flames, bicolor and dalmatians. Plus my females will be laying in April. I'm breeding selectively for yellow pinners, creamsicles and harleys.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cool i always wanted to go too a reptile show just dont have a car anymore :^( maybe this summer i get to make it to the one in wheaton,il.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey meg i tried it, i mixed tablespoon of the cgd in with her food and she ate evry bit. im going to have to get a bigger size now lol.

Meg90

5 Year Member
Tried it out with Cleo--first I put some CGD in a small icecream dish. It was too deep for her-she was so zealous, she tipped it! So I switched to the dish seen in the video. She ate quite a bit of CGD.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkr1Vbbivk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkr1Vbbivk</a><!-- m -->

This also shows how mellow her feeding response is. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz