• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

D3 or no D3

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
ok im so confused as to do i need to give my argentine b and w calcium with or without D3 i went to pick some up at the store today without D3 and the clerk sold me on getting it with D3. I AM ALMOST READY TO JUST NOT OFFER VITS OR CALCIUM AT ALL due to an all ground turkey, boiled egg, fuzzy mice diet....PLEASE HELP

Kazzy

5 Year Member
You want a little D3, but not always, as it is linked to impaction. Just get some regular calcium as well. Give the kind with D3 about once every two weeks, and the regular calcium 3 X a week (that's what I do at least).

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
OK COOL THANKS KAZZY YOUR ALOT OF HELP SO DO I JUST PUT THE MOUSE IN A BAG AND SHAKE N BAKE IT FOR CAL AND CAL D3 OR JUST LITTLE SPRINKLE IS FINE

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I do the bag thing. Also, if you feed insects, you can dust them as well. Are you offering any fruit?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do not like anything with D3 added, proper UV is the way to go as far as D3 is concerned, they absorb it from the proper UV just as they do from the sun in the wild. Fruit does not contain D3. As for calcium, it can be added, the best stuff I have found is Repti-Calcium without D3 by ZooMed, it is made from Calcium Carbonate, and not crushed oyster shells like most of the other products out there, crushed oyster shell is nothing more than crushed rock.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
True...guess D3 shouldn't really be offered unless you are having problems with the tegu absorbing the calcium.

I didn't mean to say the fruit would have calcium, sorry if there was any misunderstanding. But it is good for them, and their sheds. Always better to offer it to them when they are young so they'll eat it when they are older.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu