• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extra Antsy

Aardbark

5 Year Member
The past few days, my red Gu has been acting extra antsy. I know some people discribe their gus as being lazy and loafing around, but mine right now is running all over the place. Shes digging the hell out of her cage, throwing mulch everywhere. If I take her out, she runs amok all over the place. She wont stay still, in her cage, my hands or anywhere else.

So whats going on? Its like she is in heat or something, lol.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you using to check and keep track of your temps and humidity? How much and how often are you feeding her? Also she could be trying to settle in and find a suitable place to hibernate.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
The temps are 80 cold, 100 warm. Humidity usualy around 50% Shes fed once a day, various different foods.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I managed to raise the humidity up to 80% with two misters.

I dont think she is getting ready to hybernate, she is very active and still eats a ton of food day to day. She has taken up to digging the hell out of her cage, throwing dirt everywhere. She seems to be looking for something, but I dont know what it is she is looking for.

kellen.watkins

Vanilla was like this for a while and still is when I let her out of the cage, she wants to escape pretty much and is a spaz out of her encosure, eli is exactly how your red is, rips decorations down buries the water dish throws substrate everywhere and is never slow really lol there is nothing wrong with an active tegu who knows what he/she is up too lol I know both of mine are way better about not tearing things apart if they are fed early, I assume mines do it cause they are hungry and throwing a fit :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegutula