• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding moderation before hibernation

Schnab

5 Year Member
For the past week my tegu's been starting to go into hibernation. Since yestderday he's been making apperances to bask and drink. I was wondering if I should offer him any food since he hasen't eaten anything for a week and that he's been kinda active.

Schnab

5 Year Member
He ate yesterday but isn't it bad for them to have food in the system before hibernation? I wouldn't want him to die on me. Unless I bathe him next time he comes out.

themedic

I am no expert by any means of tegus as I just received mine a couple days ago, but as far as pooping if you are that worried about it I would just let him bathe in semi Luke warm water this will help him poop if he indeed has too, I do this to my beardies they almost always poop. if he doesn't poop, id say to wake him up in a couple days and try agian untill he poops to clear his stomach, agian this may be incorrect information but personally this is what i would do if i was worried about my tegu getting rotten food in his stomach during the hibernation period.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214