• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding Schedule?

Gary

Still, even with whole mice, be sure to dust heavily with calcium.

In the wild I can’t imagine them getting that much calcium from a meal. Do they get/produce more D3 in the wild and therefore have better absorption?

I’ve always followed this advice, but I’m just curious as to the reasoning behind it. “Better safe than sorry” approach?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From sun and food, calcium is more available in the wild. They grow fast and really need calcium for strong bones. Reproductive females then need lots of calcium for eggs. Calcium also used in physiological functions.

Easy to under-feed them calcium. Seems like alot, for sure, but they need more than might seem appropriate.

VenusAndSaturn

Hoping sometime this week I can get fuzzy mice, we've been a bit busy lately, one of our cats got stuck in the ceiling since yesterday at around 6 or 7 PM, still haven't gotten her out as she keeps moving from her spot and they don't want to break something if she finds her way out already.
I don't even know how she got in there, I'm guessing some sort of hole from the outside. Though on one of the beams there may be a hole as well.

image.jpg

You can somewhat see her eyes in the top right corner between the wood. Hopefully she'll either come out or we'll manage to get her out sometime today.

Gary

From sun and food, calcium is more available in the wild. They grow fast and really need calcium for strong bones. Reproductive females then need lots of calcium for eggs. Calcium also used in physiological functions.

Easy to under-feed them calcium. Seems like alot, for sure, but they need more than might seem appropriate.
That makes a lot of sense! Thanks so much

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam