• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding time

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This some feeding shots.

DSCN3892.jpg

DSCN3895.jpg

DSCN3896.jpg

DSCN3853.jpg

She looks like she loves her dinner, look at that tounge!! :)
DSCN38498.jpg

DSCN3849.jpg

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is she licking her face? My female does that a lot...almost as often as she takes breaks to wipe her face on the bark to get it clean while eating messy food :)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Is she licking her face? My female does that a lot...almost as often as she takes breaks to wipe her face on the bark to get it clean while eating messy food :)
Ours do the same! They hate a dirty face!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, she is licking herself clean. :)

As for her being fat, IMO that is from her building follicles for next season. All of my females that are going to lay next season are much thicker than the males and females that are not building the follicles.

Tegus have only a few months to breed, nest, lay eggs, and build themselves up for hibernation. I think this is why they build the follicles before hibernation. Many constrictors build them during the cooling period, however I think tegus build follicles before, judging by the size of the females before hibernation.

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
what is the schtuff you are feeding them? Looks like eggs mixed with other bits? I am attempting to prepare a weeks forth of food and then crack out a meal at a time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu