• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding

AlifKat

I have a 8 month old. She was getting three to four Dubai roaches at the store every other days. But she just seems ravenous. Yesterday she got a fuzzy and some roaches and some broccoli. Today I kind of wanted to see how she was if I gave her more. I gave her six roaches and she’s still attacking broccoli after like she could eat forever. I don’t want to over feed her but I also know she’s growing rapidly.

MamadeBeetlejuice

They eat quite a lot as they're growing. My 8 month old has been getting a mash (made from blended chicken liver, gizzards, parsley, strawberries, blueberries, black berries, greens, etc.) and his portions go up at least once every two weeks. Right now he eats about 115g per meal, which is given daily.

AlifKat

They eat quite a lot as they're growing. My 8 month old has been getting a mash (made from blended chicken liver, gizzards, parsley, strawberries, blueberries, black berries, greens, etc.) and his portions go up at least once every two weeks. Right now he eats about 115g per meal, which is given daily.
I like the mash idea! I mostly her non live food small but she still likes to selectively pick out the berries

purplewombat

I feed mine 50% ground/chopped leftover meat (pork, chicken, hamburger, whatever), 15% chicken hearts, 15% chicken livers, 20% fruits and veggies all mixed together, plus about a teaspoon of Reptivite and a teaspoon of calcium (was less when he was smaller). As he gets older I will reduce the protein a bit, increase the plant matter. He has grown tremendously fast, go to his website to see his pics since I got him last September.
Don't be surprised if sometime in September or October he suddenly stops eating. Mine did, and I had to wake him a few times to get him to poop before allowing him to go into brumation for 7 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcaketheTegu